Red, pink and love all over, Valentine’s Day is finally upon us, and with it are beautiful hues, fabrics and silhouettes that scream romance. From flirty dresses to flowing tops, head out for date night in one of these picks!
Throw a sharp black blazer over this silky bright sleeveless maternity dress by Jessica Simpson or this sleeveless empire waist maternity dress in a gorgeous azalea hue. If you’re feeling a little more edgy, pair this beautiful Jessica Simpson maternity blouse with our skinny leg maternity pants. Add black pumps or booties, statement jewels and a sleek black clutch to any of these ensembles for a Valentine’s Day look that is sheer perfection.
Shop all our Valentine’s Day picks at Motherhood Maternity!
Posted by destinationmaternity on February 14, 2014
Pregnant with her second bundle of joy, the eternally pretty Drew Barrymore looks effortlessly chic and glowing in all black. Dressed in a maxi-length shift that glides over her bump, Drew added a touch of structure care of a sharp blazer, sky-high pumps and a flattering long necklace. We adore her dressed-up style that exudes a casual edge thanks to the rolled sleeve cuffs, minimal makeup and shiny blowout worn simple and down.
Recreate her look in our CHARLIE JADE sleeveless keyhole maternity maxi dress that combines casual style with high-fashion appeal thanks to the gorgeous neckline. Topped off by a fitted shawl collar maternity blazer, simply add a pair of statement earrings and a sexy shoe for a sleek, sexy and sophisticated ensemble.
Get the look at Destination Maternity!
Posted by destinationmaternity on February 13, 2014
Though we’re still in the thick of winter, spring’s light colors and airy fabrics have us excited for the season ahead. From lightening up with healthier food to partaking in a more natural route when it comes to makeup, we hope these four things inspire you to look beyond the snow, slush and breezy temps in favor of the warmth ahead.
A cinch to make and delicious to down, this healthy and naturally sweet strawberry smoothie is just the kick start we need morning, noon or night.
Floral is everywhere this spring, and this Jessica Simpson maternity blouse in pretty pastels is the perfect way to showcase the trend.
Exude your innate glow by utilizing these easy and effective natural beauty tips – the perfect way to refresh and renew your look.
Adorable, useful and perfectly DIY, these fabric coasters are a fabulous (and easy) way to add a touch of new to your spring décor.
Posted by destinationmaternity on February 12, 2014
Brand-new and already high on the must-have list of moms and moms-to-be, The Honest Company has made its arrival to our family and we couldn’t be more excited about it! Founded by four people – Jessica Alba, Christopher Gavigan, Brian Lee and Sean Kane – who set out to create effective, eco-friendly, affordable, beautiful and safe baby products, they have done just that in as little as two years!
And now, new to A Pea in the Pod and Destination Maternity, you can find five of their naturally nourishing products made just for mom: Organic Belly Balm, Body Oil, Face + Body Lotion, Organic Nipple Balm, and Shampoo + Body Wash.
View and shop our collection of Honest available at both A Pea in the Pod and Destination Maternity!
Posted by destinationmaternity on February 11, 2014
A trend that is carrying over from the colder months, spring continues to laud the sweatshirt – and we love it! From relaxed styles that rely on sheer comfort to embellished looks with details ranging from feminine lace to edgy prints, this cozy-comfortable piece is the perfect way to define your chic, mom-to-be style.
Evident in so many of the styles for the season, Olivia Capone Myers, design director for A Pea in the Pod, further emphasizes the sweatshirt’s likability, “It’s a relaxed favorite that has gotten a serious makeover. We’re seeing it everywhere this spring and with unexpected details such as short sleeves, exposed zippers and luxe fabrics.”
Shop our fabulous selection of maternity sweatshirts at A Pea in the Pod!
Posted by destinationmaternity on February 8, 2014
Welcome to The Weekly Find, featuring a favorite new arrival paired with this, and that.
This week’s find: Ella Moss Under Belly Crepe De Chine Drawstring Maternity Pants from Destination Maternity.
Why it’s a winner: Hot on two huge trends for spring, floral and slouchy silhouettes, these Ella Moss pants combine the best of both worlds. Worn casual with delicate ballet flats and a simple tee or dressed up with wedges and a leather jacket, they are the epitome of polished-cool.
Pair it with this: a simple ¾ Sleeve Scoop Neck Side Ruched Maternity T Shirt in black or white keeps the focus on those fabulous pants; and that: a gorgeously hued True Love Scarf by Love Quotes.
Shop Maternity Pants
Shop Ella Moss
Posted by destinationmaternity on February 7, 2014
Posted by destinationmaternity on February 6, 2014
From the sheer excitement that comes with carrying a baby to the underlying stresses and dare we say it, slight fears, pregnancy in itself is a whirlwind. Doing what you can to stay calm, cool and collected during these precious nine months – and through labor, too – will help you to center yourself in a peaceful state of mind. From our friends over at Fit Pregnancy, here are their five meditation techniques that are simple to do, yet reap great mental, physical and emotions rewards.
- Deep Belly Meditation – Place your hands on your belly, gently cradling the baby. As you breathe, observe the sensations felt beneath your hands – warmth, movement, etc. Continue to breathe slowly, in and out. If your mind wanders off or if a thought arises, breathe deeper into your belly and let it float away. Try doing this for five minutes each day, gradually adding more time each week.
- Mama Mantra – Delve into your inner strength by giving yourself words to live by. Whether to get you through a difficult yoga pose or while enduring a strenuous labor or stage of pregnancy, there is power in your own words. Tell yourself what you need to hear, as only you know it best: “Push through the pain; breath deep, mama. Stay strong for baby.”
- Visualization Technique: See the Wave – Through visualization (meditation combined with mental imagery), our strong bodies can actually decrease the intensity of pain – an invaluable tool during labor. The plan: “View each contraction as a wave in the ocean. Watch it slowly peak in intensity and then allow it to slowly come down. See yourself as a jellyfish, allowing that wave to wash through you.”
- The “Blossoming Lotus” – A sacred flower representing all that is pure and deeply spiritual in many cultures; use the lotus flower as a visualization tool during labor: “Visualize your cervix as a blossoming lotus flower. Upon every contraction, visualize and chant, “’Open, open, open.’”
- Relax the “Third Eye” – During labor or stressful times in your pregnancy, do your best to relax your “third eye”, the space between your eyebrows. Lying directly behind it is the light-sensitive pineal gland, which produces serotonin, the hormone that affects your wake-sleep patterns and energy levels. Doing your best to “control” this offers the chance for maximum relaxation.
Posted by destinationmaternity on February 4, 2014
A lightweight, tunic-style sweater in forever stylish stripes has both customers and staff vying to wear it. There’s much to adore from its bump-cinching tie to the 3/4 sleeves and flattering scoop neck. Whether you choose black and cream or the nautically-themed blue and white, pair either with chic white or ultra-light wash denim and your favorite neutral booties for a spring-ready look that is sure to garner compliments.
Shop this best-selling maternity sweater at Motherhood Maternity!
Posted by destinationmaternity on February 3, 2014