Fall is my favorite time to try new restaurants with my husband or catch up with the girls, because the weather is perfect for a stroll in the city. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to layer up a look.
Choosing a restaurant should be the hardest part, not figuring out what you’re going to wear! When I was pregnant I lived in draped dresses, so I can speak from experience that they are comfortable, versatile, flattering and still an important silhouette this fall. This style of maternity dress is my fashionista pick for a night out.
This new version from A Pea in the Pod is super chic since it’s in silk and has a sweet leather collar. It’s also in a great deep green color, which isn’t that typical, which is what I really like about it. I also suggest layering a seamless maternity cami underneath to keep you smooth and supported- I lived in cami’s! Pair it with a biker jacket, leopard clutch, a nude nail and a not too high heel… bam, you have date night dressing solved!
Shop our maternity dresses for date nights and all nights (and days!) today
1. Michael Kors Chain Cuff / 2. Lock Halfcalf Clutch / 3. YSL Lipstick / 4. Motherhood Maternity Seamless Camisole / 5. A Pea in the Pod Leather Jacket / 6. Butter London Nail Lacquer / 7. Strappy Heel / 8. Lancome Mascara / 9. A Pea in the Pod Faux Leather Trim Maternity Dress / 10. Vida Fede Mini Titan Bracelet
Posted by destinationmaternity on September 11, 2014
Getting ready for a night out on the town? Style Director Olivia Capone Myers lists her Top 5 tips for a special night out with your partner:
1. Choosing a brightly colored dress in a simple silhouette is a fabulous choice for a night out. Keep the focus on this CHARLIE JADE Sleeveless Keyhole Maternity Dress by pairing it with a simple clutch or scarf.
2. Skinny Jeans can look fancy, fresh and fun when paired with a jacket or blazer and heels. Don’t be afraid to try a bold print like these Hudson Jeans® Secret Fit Belly® Plain Weave Denim 5 Pocket Skinny Leg Maternity Ankle Pants in Polka Dot.
3. A jersey dress is a date night choice that is sexy and comfortable. Show off your bump in this perfect-for-summer Isabella Oliver Short Sleeve Side Ruched Maternity Dress.
4. The maxi dress is a must have for mom-to-be this summer! Dress it down with a jean jacket, like this Mavi Button Front Plain Weave Denim Maternity Jacket for day or play it up for evening with a great strappy heel and the right accessories. I love this Sleeveless Colorblock Maternity Maxi Dress.
5. An embellished top like this Willow & Clay Cap Sleeve Embellished Maternity Blouse is a simple way to dress up denim and is perfect for a night of dinner and mocktails.
You can shop all these looks and more date night outfits at A Pea in the Pod and for a limited time, when you spend $175 or more, you will receive a $100 certificate from Restaurant.com— the perfect date night treat!*
*Some restrictions apply. Click here for details.
Posted by destinationmaternity on July 10, 2014
Red, pink and love all over, Valentine’s Day is finally upon us, and with it are beautiful hues, fabrics and silhouettes that scream romance. From flirty dresses to flowing tops, head out for date night in one of these picks!
Throw a sharp black blazer over this silky bright sleeveless maternity dress by Jessica Simpson or this sleeveless empire waist maternity dress in a gorgeous azalea hue. If you’re feeling a little more edgy, pair this beautiful Jessica Simpson maternity blouse with our skinny leg maternity pants. Add black pumps or booties, statement jewels and a sleek black clutch to any of these ensembles for a Valentine’s Day look that is sheer perfection.
Shop all our Valentine’s Day picks at Motherhood Maternity!
Posted by destinationmaternity on February 14, 2014