With the long, cold days of winter remaining in the foreseeable forecast, weekends spent indoors are much to be adored. From comforting eats and cozy knits to adding a touch of brightness and nesting away, we hope you will find the following four things as fabulous as we do.
Wake up to the sinfully delicious smell – and scrumptious taste – of Baked Cinnamon Raisin French Toast, hot out of the oven.
Wrap your bump in luxury by slipping into this Joie Maternity Sweater, the perfect topper for leggings, jeans or your coziest pajamas.
Put the dew back into your skin by dabbing on some highlighter for a refreshingly glowing look.
Bold, bright and beautiful, this orange and turquoise nursery is a fresh haven for your little one.
Posted by destinationmaternity on January 18, 2014
We don’t know about you, but fall weekends sure seem to book up fast. Perhaps it’s because the lazy days of summer have come to a close; or perhaps the fresh air is calling our names. Though you may have places to go and people to see, do your best to take a breather this weekend by throwing on something cozy, chowing down on something comforting, doing something beautiful and creating something precious.
A cinch to put together, and even more scrumptious to devour, Cider-Glazed Chicken with Browned Butter-Pecan Rice is on the agenda.
Glorious brisk weather calls for a cozy-chic maternity sweater that ranks high on the style curve.
A rosy glow is the perfect remedy for summer’s fading sun-kissed skin; The 10 Commandments of Blush is sure to polish your skills.
A sweeter than sweet DIY that has all the makings of a treasured family heirloom, create a handkerchief nursery pillow for your impending little one.
Posted by destinationmaternity on October 19, 2013
With sleepless nights and 3 am feedings, being a new mom leaves little time for a lengthy beauty routine. Gone are the days of curling irons and long, luxurious showers, but there are some super-helpful essential tips that can simplify and solidify your new mom routine:
1. Use an exfoliating face wash to brighten up your skin
Basq’s Fresh Face Kit, which includes their rebalancing face cleanser, facial brush and cucumber tea eye gel, gently removes dead dry surface skin to reveal a brighter, more balanced complexion. Their cucumber tea eye gel zaps puffiness under eyes and refreshes and cools the skin.
2. Multi-tasking makeup
Photo source: drugstore.com
Who wants to deal with the hassle of a multi-step routine? Concealer? Foundation? Powder? Forget it! Try an all-in-one BB cream and make it a one-stop shop for your face. Gently blend the BB cream around your face and you will be glowing in no time flat.
3. Mascara, mascara, mascara
Photo source: allure.com
If there is any beauty product that will awaken tired eyes, it’s mascara! Choose a lengthening formula that helps to extend those lashes! Another trick is colored mascara in shades like navy and deep purple. These subtle tones help to bring out the whites of your eyes and make them appear brighter overall.
Photo source: everydayfit.net
Drinking plenty of water is not only good for your health, but also for your skin! Hydration helps to restore dull, dry skin and helps to lessen the appearance of fine lines. Drink up for a fresher appearance.
Posted by destinationmaternity on September 5, 2013
Our go-to beauty gurus at Cosmopolitan.com always know which beauty trends are about to become front and center for the upcoming season. Below are their four top picks:
- Despite the cool, crisp air of fall, keep things light and fresh with a beachy, flushed palette. Bronzer just below your cheek bones with a beautifully blended line of highlighter above gives the illusion of a perfectly sculpted face.
- Also back in the game in a big way, the smokey eye has returned in all of its glamour! Go dark and mysterious by blending shades of grey and brown along your lash line and into the crease for a sultry look that is sure to be a hit.
- On the opposite end of the spectrum, au natural is in for fall as well! A skin-perfecting high definition foundation and powder with a simple swipe of mascara provides a clean and simple finish that will give you that coveted “no-makeup makeup” look
- For a fabulous retro style, try a Mad Men inspired look! Choose a matte lipstick in deep red and line your top lashes with a black liquid liner. Polished for day and ultra-sexy for night, Don Draper would certainly approve
Read more about these looks and get additional beauty tips from Cosmopolitan.com.
Don’t forget, before makeup comes skincare! Try our favorite skin-priming products from Destination Maternity.
Posted by destinationmaternity on August 13, 2013