FitPregnancy is one of our favorite resources for all things related to health and nutrition both during and after pregnancy. As the leaves begin to change and the weather cools down, we find ourselves craving delicious seasonal specialties including apples, cranberries, pumpkin and especially butternut squash!
Try FitPregnancy’s simple, vitamin-packed and oh-so-tasty recipe for Butternut Squash Bruschetta. Whether as a healthy snack for yourself or when you’re entertaining a crowd, it will not disappoint. Photo Source: fitpregnancy.comIngredients:
- 1/4 cup pureed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons fresh ricotta
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced scallion white
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 slices whole wheat baguette toast brushed with olive oil and rubbed with garlic
- Small handful baby arugula leaves, for garnish
- Minced scallion green, for garnish
In a bowl, combine the squash, ricotta, lemon, parmesan and scallion white. Season with salt and pepper and spread the mixture on the toasts. Scatter with arugula leaves and garnish with the scallion green.
Click here for more on this recipe and additional ideas from FitPregnancy.