The cooler months are ironically all about getting warmer. There are so many fall festivals and harvests to enjoy, but sometimes a mama just wants to stay inside, kick her feet up, and watch a good movie under a blanket.
Drinking a warm cup of herbal tea will definitely help soothe the soul…not to mention a sick tummy. The American Pregnancy Association suggests red raspberry, peppermint leaf, ginger root, dandelion, nettle and chamomile teas for calming morning sickness and relaxing hard-working bodies. Anna Naturals, available on our sister site APeainthePod.com, also offers teas specifically catered for the mama-to-be!
Complete your comfort zone with a soft sweater, stretchy leggings, comfy socks, skin care, and your favorite snack. We are suckers for anything themed and seasonal, so we are sharing a recipe we found for Pumpkin Custard from our friends at Fit Pregnancy. Whip this up and enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups reduced fat or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and pumpkin. Whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Divide the custard mixture between 6 ramekins and place them in a roasting pan so they are not touching. Fill the roasting pan with enough very hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cover the pan with foil and carefully place it in the middle of the oven.
- Bake the custards until they are set at the edges but still a little wobbly in the center when the pan is moved, about 35 minutes. Remove the foil and let the custards cool in the water. Cover and refrigerate before serving.