You may be just joining us on your pregnancy journey, or maybe you’ve been with us before. Either way, we appreciate you and want to make sure everyone knows where to begin when it comes to shopping for maternity clothing.
This past summer we did a campaign featuring our real co-workers, who were actually pregnant, wearing (and rocking!) pieces from the categories of clothing we deem as the springboard for your bump wardrobe… the Five Fundamentals.
- Start with a really good maternity bra. Take advantage of our always-amazing offer: the buy 3, get the 4th free style. Choose a size that fits, but be aware your breasts may and probably will grow. You can head over to your store to get a free fitting from our professionals. Bonus, all our maternity bras are nursing bras!
- Have a ready-to-wear everywhere maternity dress. The side-ruched maternity dress is constantly one of our best-selling pieces because of its fit and versatility. It can go day to night, and work to weekend with some accessories and personal styling.
- Get a few pairs of maternity leggings; you will live in them. They are everyone’s favorite because of their soft structure and Secret Fit Belly® panel that creates a smoothness under tees. And for the record… yes, they are considered pants!
- You loved denim before, so why not continue to love it? Just find maternity jeans that fit and flatter you now. It doesn’t matter whether you like skinny or boot, dark or light, it just matters that you purchase the pair or pairs you can’t be without. We know we have what you’re looking for.
- Finish the top five fundamentals with the perfect tee. There is not one style more beautiful in its basic form than the t-shirt. It is the epitome of cool, calm and collected. We dare you to not find a maternity tee you love.
When you start to build these basics up, make sure you wear them, love them, and tag them using #FiveFundamentals #ThisIsGoingToBeFun @motherhoodmaternity.