Looking for a last minute recipe you can bring to your holiday gathering? Not to worry! Recipe Girl has created this festive, delicious and easy recipe for Chocolate Snowball Cookies that taste just as good as they look. Photo Credit: RecipeGirl
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or almonds
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of salted butter softened – (*TIP: use non-store brand butter and make sure it’s softened, not melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar mixed with red/green sparkling sugar
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the final ingredient (the powdered sugar + the colored sugar). Use an electric mixer to combine until well mixed. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- 3. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool COMPLETELY before you remove them from the baking sheets. If you don’t let them cool completely, they will crumble easily. Be patient. :)
- 4. Roll cooled cookies in the sparkling powdered sugar mixture. Store cookies at room temperature in a covered container for up to three days. Or store in the freezer in a covered container for up to 30 days. Here’s the how-to from Recipe Girl: